Prenatal and Post-Partum Yoga + Birth Preparation Courses
Let’s Take Back Birth Together
Pregnancy is a sacred time when a woman should feel powerful yet calm while she prepares herself for motherhood. In today’s world however, this special time is often clouded over with fear and anxiety surrounding the actual birth. We have to join together to take back birth!
Whether you dream of being at a home or prefer a hospital setting you can birth your baby naturally if you prepare yourself aptly before the birth day! Aside from booking a doula, which I strongly recommend (link to blog post: why I recommend a doula), the birthing mother needs to prepare herself for her labor.
Simply put, you’re blossoming from pregnancy to motherhood. Let me take your hand and gently guide you.
Before I was pregnant, I thought I’d rather die than have a natural birth. Most of all my level of anxiety around the pain was sky high. Did you know there’s an actual diagnosis for the fear of childbirth? It’s called tokophobia. I’d seen enough films and television portrayals to know that giving birth was a life or death situation– a down right medical emergency!
Through the months leading up to my baby’s birth day I poured over podcasts, birth prep classes, youtube videos, books and MORE books about natural birth. Eventually, I was mentally and physically prepared for a home birth with midwives in our tiny Georgetown apartment.
I’ve done the research for you and I want to share what I’ve learned so you can experience a magical birthing day like I did.
You wouldn’t run a marathon without months of training, so why would you go into a physical exercise such as birth unprepared? Practicing poses and Prenatal Classes and Workshops include:
- Learn how to work as a team with your baby
- Yoga sequences and specific poses to teach you how to assist uterine contractions on the day of your baby’s birth
- How to choose your birth team
- How to write a birth plan to actually support you
- Meditations to help you connect with your little baby
- Peek into my family’s home apothecary and learn which are my favorite herbs, Bach Flowers, and Homeopathic remedies for pregnancy, babies, and postpartum families
- Using the mind to manifest the birth you desire
- Affirmations for pregnancy and motherhood
- Tools you can use on the birth day to stay focused and open
- Crystals and other rituals to include on the birth day
- Planning a Blessingway and Closing the Bones
- Motherhood and sacred postpartum wisdom
- Breastfeeding basics
- List of local and online care providers and tons of resources to take you on your journey as a new natural mama.
Women are often coaxed into surgical procedures during labor by doctors who are uneducated on natural birth themselves. We rightly trust our doctors because we believe they have the education behind them to know what’s best. Unfortunately, c-sections can be a way that doctors can get women in-and-out faster. Our OBs have been taught how to perform operations instead of how to coach us through a very natural feminine process. Surprisingly, doctors are no longer taught how to birth a breech baby. Yes, of course we’re thankful for interventions when they are necessary, but the business of birth has too high a cost on women’s physical and mental health.
Do not for one second feel shamed by your birth previous experience.
Maybe this isn’t your first pregnancy. Maybe the last one didn’t go how you’d planned. I can help you find peace in the past. The most important thing a mother must consider is their child’s safety, as well as their own! You’re the only one that can make the call when that day comes.
You deserve to Feel Like a Goddess during pregnancy & birth.
I’m just a mom who’s learned along the way and I want to share my knowledge with new moms, especially those struggling with fear around birth and postpartum depression. I’ve been there and I overcame my fear! My dream is to give you the tools to empower you in pregnancy, birth, and on your journey as a new mom! I love empowering women to believe they can do it themselves. I felt like a goddess giving birth, and you certainly can to! It’s our right as women to own our power during the most feminine exercise, giving birth to new life.